Monday, June 15, 2009

Emily's Tool Box #2

This week's tool is... is... well I don't know that it has a name. My figure painting teacher used one and told us how to make our own. I call it a "pouncer" and don't ask me why, except maybe it's because he said his daughter like to POP him on the head with it. Simply it is a long dowel with some pantyhose on one end, held on with rubber bands. The dowel acts as a resting place for your wrist to avoid laying your hand in wet paint. It helps steady my shaking hands as I paint fine details. The pad (pantyhose) on the end keeps the dowel from scratching the surface of the painting. Another simple, but handy tool I created myself and use all the time.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, that looks like a very handy and probably very underrated tool! i would use something similar to that when i used t paint more often...though i would unfortunately forget and make a mess!!

    ReplyDelete